Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The “Off and On” Relationship a.k.a. “We are on a break!"



Try as I may, there come days with insuperable circumstances that make it impossible to commit to my running and workout schedule.

Though I knew from the start that taking the evening off from my work schedule and devoting an hour, hour and half was a shakey proposition, but that did not stop me. 
The first of such evenings was testament enough that I had found my soul mate, but the lack of foundation did not deter me. 
Even as I organised the cluttered cupboard of the thoughts and ideas, lap after lap, my growing dependence did not alarm me.


Its been a fortnight since I met the tracks. 

Now, a fortnight later, when every excuse in the book has failed to rationalise, every engagement has overdrawn its validity, every pretence has lost its significance, Here I am, at the very beginning, right where I began.

Lower on the toning, but higher on the wisdom.

Maybe a little embarrassed,
Maybe a little sheepish,
but definitely more confident of the depth of my emotion.

I need this, I really do.

Be it on the treadmill or in a park,
Be it with Runtastic, or for a lark,
Be it in the morning, or after dark,

I need this, I really do.

For the thoughts it helps sort,
For the muscles it keeps taut,
For the love of wine, red and port,
And for the black skirt that’s really short,

I need this, I really do.


No comments:

Post a Comment